SUPPORT BARAC UK HUMANITARIAN AID AND
SOLIDARITY WORK WITH REFUGEES IN FRANCE
"To deny people their human rights is to challenge their very humanity." - Nelson Mandela
BARAC has been coordinating regular monthly aid convoys to Calais since summer 2015 to support people who are refugees stuck in limbo in horrific conditions in Calais and in Dunkerque. In addition to the regular distribution of food, toiletries, clothes, camping equipment and other essential items including addressing cultural and religious needs, we have carried out solidarity and fact-finding visits.
There are four key ways to help support our humanitarian aid and solidarity work with refugees in France:
- Donate to the BARAC UK Humanitarian Appeal by visiting the GoFundMe page here: https://www.gofundme.com/nvbvy8qc. Alternatively send a cheque made payable to ‘BARAC UK’ with the form below to: Zita Holbourne, BARAC National Chair, PCS National Vice President, PCS HQ, 160 Falcon Road, London, SW11 2LN.
- Drop off essential items to our distribution point at PCS HQ. Please address items (see list of items needed below) to: Zita Holbourne, PCS NEC, C/O Harvey Jacob (for Calais), PCS HQ, 160 Falcon Road, London, SW11 2LN.
- Sponsor transport & travel. For details on how you can sponsor a future humanitarian visit please contact Zita Holbourne, BARAC Co Chair by email: Barac.firstname.lastname@example.org
- Join the BARAC convoy by bringing a vehicle. To coordinate efforts and include your own vehicle on a future humanitarian visit please contact Zita Holbourne, BARAC Co-Chair by email: Barac.email@example.com
Items needed include:
Clothes: Mainly men’s but also women’s and children’s. Small and medium size boxer shorts/ underwear, gloves, scarves, hats, waterproof coats, socks and shoes (waterproof and size 7 or 8 men’s), hoodies, jogging bottoms, fleeces.
Camping equipment: Warm blankets, emergency blankets, sleeping bags, tarpaulin, ground mats, tent pegs, tents, camping stoves and gas cylinders, cooking pots, utensils, torches.
Toiletries: Sanitary towels, wipes, tooth brushes, toothpaste, anti-bacterial hand gel, shower gel, shampoo (including for African hair), razors, skin cream, coconut oil, body butters including cocoa and shea, African hair products, halal toiletries.
Food in bulk supply: Extra virgin olive oil, basmati rice, sea salt, fresh chillies, black pepper, fresh and powdered spices, coconut milk, vinegars, mustard, tahini, harissa, sumac, honey, dried fruit and nuts, dates, golden syrup, sugar, fresh garlic and ginger, fresh vegetables and fruit, tinned fish, long life mil, filter coffee, pulses and beans.
Mobile phones and sim cards. Washing up sponges / liquid, cleaning products, catering kitchen towel and cling film, large bin bags.
To donate please complete and return this form together with a cheque or alternatively pay directly into our account bank account.
- I wish to give a donation towards BARAC’s humanitarian aid and solidarity work with refugees’ in
£250 £100 £50 £35 £25 £10 Other £ .….….….….….
- I enclose a cheque for a total of £ .......... Payable to BARAC UK Or
- I have paid the following amount £……….. into the BARAC Bank Account: BARAC UK Bank details: Barclays Bank Sort Code: 20 67 90 Account No: 53317803
Name of Organisation (if applicable)
Contact Name: Position:
Tel no.: Email:
Please return this donation form (and cheque) to:
C/O Zita Holbourne, National Co-Chair BARAC UK
PCS HQ, 160 Falcon Road, London,
SW11 2LNAlternatively email to: firstname.lastname@example.org Thank you for your support Web: www.blackactivistsrisingagainstcuts.blogspot.com Twitter: @baracuk Facebook: BARAC UK
Post a Comment
Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.